Miami has many recreational opportunities ranging from shopping centers, water sports and rich dining establishments. If you are in the older age group or are just a foodie by nature, you will find plenty of quality food options in Miami. The main influence you will find in this area is Cuban food and the like.
Some of the nicest restaurants are detailed below and they are testament to the multiculturalism that prevails in the city:-
- Joe’s Stone Crabs is a great family place or somewhere to strike up a first date. It is on the South Beach and the view is amazing. This establishment claims that it discovered the stone crab and the ways to prepare it. It has been around since 1913.
- Azul is known mostly for its view even though its cuisine is relatively generic. You get the best wine here and it directly overlooks the Biscayne Bay. It is inside the Mandarian Oriental Hotel.
- News Café is the place for writers and journalists as well as the academia. They boast of the best eggs you will find in the city (that too in a dozen different ways) and you can read to your heart’s content here. Newspapers, books, you name it; the News Café has it all.
- If you are a fan of steaks then Capital Grille is for you since it has received high rankings by various critics and various food websites as having the best steaks around. There is a large selection of the tastiest steaks you will ever have and an impressive wine list to go along with it. They are in close proximity to the Brickell Bridge.
- Café Prima Pasta is one of the premium Italian dining experiences in all of Miami. It has ranked highly in most polls conducted which wanted to find the best Italian restaurant in the city. Their beach branch has some wonderful homely favorites such as homemade pasta and noodles. The food is cooked home-style but will be unlike any home-cooked meal you have ever had.
- Tobacco Road is an establishment for the rebels. It started off in 1912 and since then has been the location of a series of shady incidents which led the police authorities to frequent the area in search of evidence. The music is live blues which is very reminiscent of that time period and there are moist and delicious hamburgers to be had.