Dallas being a major city in the state of Texas really lends itself to a great dining experience. Since there are hundreds of restaurants in all of Dallas with new establishments opening themselves up nearly every day, only critics can decide after much deliberation which ones are truly worth the bill.
The ones mentioned below are some of the best and most have been around a long time.
- Lavendou is a restaurant where getting a reservation is a chore but one that is fully worth it. You get a full whiff of France with the classy décor and matching ambiance. The aura is very romantic and you will find this practically exuding out of the food you eat. There are archways and a real medieval feel which is to die for. The cuisine is entirely southern French so if you are an enthusiast, you will love this place.
- Library Bar has won awards for the best bar in town and it offers more than just that. It has elegance personified with live piano performances and endless drinks in style. The entire décor is devoted to the 60s and it is purposely located inside the Warwick Melrose Hotel.
- Dallas Fish Market is as the name suggests a casual dine-in experience which has won awards for its food options and the originality of the atmosphere. Seafood companies are aligned with the restaurant to ensure an ever ready and fresh supply of various delicacy items. Food critics love this joint.
- The Mansion Restaurant is found inside the only five star hotel in all of Dallas. The ambiance is very contemporary meets modern but pleasant nonetheless. There is a main dining hall with walls the color of honey and many smaller halls as well. You can have drinks at the bar or by the pool and food options vary from lobster casserole to Spanish chocolate.
- Absinthe Lounge is a place which will remind just about anyone of the European dark ages but in a great way. It is dark and eerie from inside which makes it a must-go place for rebelling teenagers or cougars. There is a cigar bar as well and you get cocktails and live music.
- Maguire’s is a city classic since they used to be a catering company before launching into the restaurant business. Their gourmet dishes are to die for and they give a simple and homely experience to all those who visit.